August 11, 2011

Bacon-wrapped Mahi Mahi

According to Emeril, pork fat rules!  So, naturally bacon can only make fish taste more delicious.  This was a creation after a long day of work, where I was watching bacon sizzling on food network.  I immediately jumped up and tried to figure out what I could wrap in bacon.  I chose the mahi mahi in my fridge, a firm white fish that will stand up to a lot of strong flavors.




Bacon-wrapped Mahi Mahi
1 fillet of mahi mahi without skin
3-4 strips of bacon, trimmed to wrap around
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 F

Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.   Wrap the fish with the bacon, trimming the bacon so there is only a small amount of overlap with all seams on one side. 

Cooking seam side down, before transferring to the oven
Cook the fish seam side down on medium for 1-2 minutes.  Flip the fish and finish cooking in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.

Serve with a tangy citrus-based salad to cut the fat of the bacon!


2 comments:

  1. I love my fish...im skeptical...im trying now...ill get back to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok ... WOW!!!!... I used a thick cut hickory smoke bacon...I suggest to fry the bacon half to likeing ALONE...let cool. then wrap the fish and finish cooking altogether... I used a olive oil with pepper and a garlic sea salt mix... but man o man that was the bomb.... I also had a side of fresh steam broccoli and French bread with olive oil and vinigerette dipping sauce... and a glass of white wine...(3 of them) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...