May 03, 2012

Roasted Baby Zucchini Fries

It is no secret, I love adorable food.  It is one thing to be tasty, but to be tasty and cute?  Win win.  Hence my obsession with 2-bite hors d'oeuvres and desserts made in my mini-muffin pan.  So when I saw baby zucchinis I geeked out . . . I mean how cute are these?


I love grilled and roasted zucchini and summer squash because I love the slightly sweet charred taste of these veggies.  I originally set out to make these just roasted baby zucchinis but they came out with a delicious crunchy outer texture with a creamy roasted center.  Like a FRY!


As I can barely heat my oven to 400 without setting off the smoke detector, frying is completely out of the spectrum of cooking techniques for me.  While I'm not always sad about this (thank you, idiot contractor, for keeping me skinny), there is something to be said about being able to make something fry-like at home.  I dressed the "fries" with lemon juice, grated garlic, and chopped parsley, in which they retained their crispy texture.  Yum!  Get them before they go out of season!




Roasted Baby Zucchini Fries
1 package of baby zucchini, cut in half
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 F.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  Toss the halved zucchini in olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake for about 40-45 minutes, turning once during cooking to brown up both sides.


Serve warm.  If you want, toss with the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 garlic clove grated, and a pinch of chopped parsley.  Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. I'venever seen the miniatures, but this sounds like a terrific way to serve zucchini. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first year i've seen them, hence the geek-out lol... thanks, lady, you too!

      Delete
  2. wow...sounds amazingly tasty..
    new to your space..
    lovely space you have
    happy following you..:)
    do stop by mine sometime
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite vegetable and one of my favorite ways to cook almost any vegetable--
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can get those little guys in my market...I usually just saute them, but I love the idea of roasting them, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I love zucchini and am really excited about trying this recipe =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...