June 02, 2011

Roasted Duck Tacos

I came up with this recipe for Cinco de Mayo with Jose Andres and Rick Bayless in mind. Really flavorful and interesting components mixing together to make something even better.  It combines the roasted duck, the summer creamed corn, the onion and apple quick pickle, and a few fun extras




Roasted Duck Tacos
Pulled roasted duck leg
Summer creamed corn
Onion and green apple quick pickle
Orange Chipotle sauce
Avocado
Cilantro
Goat Cheese
Tortillas

To make the orange chipotle sauce, I combined the juice and zest of one orange, a finely minced clove of garlic, one chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. You get a spicy sauce with a slight hint of sweet that really goes a long way.

With both of my fans running (who puts the fire alarms over the stove?!) I toasted the tortillas over the flame. Not a crucial step per se, but if you've got it use it! I then built my tacos, drizzling the orange chipotle sauce over the top. AMAZING! And festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...