August 31, 2011

Grilled Sweet Potatoes

After my yoga class the other day, I heard a couple of girls talking about grilling sweet potatoes.  Despite the fact I hate all things root vegetable, I knew my family would love it so I had to bring it home.  The trick to getting it just right is to parboil the potatoes before slicing into grill-friendly wedges.




Grilled sweet potatoes:
1 sweet potato per person
olive oil, salt, and pepper

Cover the sweet potatoes with cold water in a large pan.  Bring to a boil and simmer until a fork goes into the potato easily


Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each side into four lengthwise wedges.  Toss in some olive oil, salt, and pepper.


Grill over the coals about 2-3 minutes per side, until you have gorgeous grill marks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...